Leading the Way for Green Hotels in St. Paul
At Crowne Plaza St. Paul – Riverfront Hotel, we take pride in providing the utmost in comfort and service to our guests. In keeping with this mission, our green St. Paul lodging is taking measures to maintain the environment and precious natural resources.
As a premier option among green hotels in St. Paul, we have created many green initiatives, from our event space to guest rooms. See how we're doing our part to keep St. Paul a wonderful destination to live and visit.
Our St. Paul Green Hotel:
- Derive 25% of energy from renewable energy sources including windpower.
- Compost 100% of banquet and restaurant food waste and provide the compost to local farmers.
- Recycle beverage containers, newspaper, office paper, meeting paper.
- Program facility heating and cooling systems to turn off unless overridden.
- Are close to the public Metro Transit with lines to Minneapolis and the Hiawatha Light Rail.
- Designed our building with minimum of impervious surfaces to minimize surface water runoff. We do not have a surface parking lot and runoff water is routed to the City of St. Paul's sewer lines.
Green St. Paul Guest Rooms:
- Offer towel reuse option in all guest rooms.
- Use CFL light bulbs in all guest rooms.
- Offer paperless check-in and check-out.
- Manage water in guest rooms with low-flow showerheads.
- Provide reusable glassware in all guest rooms.
- Use non-toxic cleaning solutions in housekeeping.
Green St. Paul Meetings:
- Provide locally grown and organic products used by Chef Susan to create customized menus for your group. This supports local farmers and workers while also reducing fossil fuel consumption in getting the end product to your group.
- Provide recycling bins for paper products, juice bottles and soda cans in all meeting rooms.
- Utilize reusable serving utensils, napkins, etc. in all banquet services.
- Provide reusable Crowne Plaza water bottles in all meeting rooms. We attain water from the City of St. Paul and filter it ourselves to reduce plastic water bottles usage which lessens the demand on aquifers. This also reduces fossil fuel consumption in getting water to our hotel.
- Reuse breakout flipcharts and notepads.
- Provide paperless billing.
- Close meeting room doors and turn off lights when rooms are not in use.
Join us in our efforts to preserve the environment for future generations to enjoy. Book Now or look into our St. Paul hotel deals for valuable offers.